We accept CSSR Memberships three ways:
- Online on our Join Us page by credit card or PayPal account
- Mail a cheque to the address on our Join Us page
- Pay the treasurer in person at conferences (cash or cheque)
When paying online, you have two options:
- Pay with an existing PayPal account
- Pay with credit card without a PayPal account. You will be offered the option of signing up for a PayPal account.
If you are having difficulty accessing the Credit Card option without a PayPal account, please read the following information adapted from this article on the PayPal help forum.
- PayPal accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express debit and credit cards. Card types that are currently not compatible with PayPal Merchant Services are: 1. Procurement and private label credit cards (such as a department store credit card). 2. Debit cards requiring a numeric password and pin-pad for entry.
- The option may be unavailable in the country you reside in. Not all countries have all PayPal features available.
- After you pay 3 to 4 times using the same credit card, PayPal may interrupt the transactions and require you to open a PayPal Account, or ask you to use a totally different credit card. Although your credit card is good, you will be unable to complete the transaction until you either open a PayPal Account or use a another credit card.
PayPal’s mission it to sign up new business or accounts. Tracking the number of times a credit card is used is one method designed to help accomplish that goal. Opening a PayPal Account may be OK with you, or you may be able to use a different card.
To completely prevent this problem from occurring, CSSR would have to pay for a PRO account with PayPal, which would entail monthly fees and additional technical requirements.