Red Deer College is Now Hiring a Media Studies and Professional Communication (MSPC) Instructor
(Conditional Continuous Probationary)
RDC offers students a learner-centred environment that provides practical and innovative learning experiences. The School of Arts and Sciences houses three departments: Humanities and Social Sciences, Sciences and Engineering, and Social Work. The School delivers a range of certificate, diploma, university transfer, and collaborative degree programs, as well as service courses to students in most other RDC programs.
The School of Arts and Sciences particularly seeks faculty members with superior preparation and ongoing engagement in their academic and professional fields, passion for teaching, and willingness to commit to making excellence in teaching their primary focus. The School builds itself around a vision of connecting innovation and tradition by fostering curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in all activities: development and renewal of courses and programs, approaches to teaching and learning, and scholarly activity and community engagement by students and faculty.
The successful candidate will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Teach core courses in the Media Studies and Professional Communications Diploma program, RDC’s University transfer program in Communications, and fundamental courses in writing and communication for students across a range of career diploma programs
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development and scholarship
- Form strong relationships with Central Alberta communications professional
For more information contact:
Dr. Jane MacNeil, Associate Dean
- MA in Communications or related field (candidates with a relevant MBAwill also be considered)
- Recent professional experience in areas such as public relations, marketing and branding, project management, visual/document design, or entrepreneurship
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficiency with industry standard software
- Post-secondary teaching experience
Desired Start Date: August 8, 2018
Consideration of applications begins April 27, 2018.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit https://employment.rdc.ab.ca/ and click on Faculty & Non- Credit Instructor Opportunities.