I’d like to introduce our CSSR-SCÉR Website & Social Media team and explain what’s going on in the world of our CSSR Social Media forums.
First, join me in giving sincere thanks to our current Website & Social Media team!
- Tania Smith, CSSR Webmaster and Social Media admin since 2012
- Ryan McGuckin, CSSR webmaster assistant, and CSSR-SCÉR Google+ co-admin since 2015
- Brandon Katzir, CSSR social media assistant, and Twitter co-admin since 2015
- Bruce Dadey, CSSR Webmaster co-assistant, and Twitter co-admin since 2016
- M. Shivaun Corry, CSSR Facebook, since 2016
- David Beard, our current CSSR-SCÉR Secretary, also holds the webmaster’s backup & password files just in case the webmaster becomes unavailable to do her work.
With the help of this team, our association has a greater ability to publicly engage those who choose to “follow” us on social media.
CSSR-SCÉR Social media is intended to complement, not replace, our website. Although our website is restricted to more “official” executive announcements and “academic” information (such as Job Ads and Calls for Papers for rhetorical studies), our social media posts can cast a wider net by also sharing articles and media that are broadly relevant to discussion of “rhetoric” or “eloquence” in the public forum and rhetorical studies in general.
Our pages on Google+ and Twitter are also publicly accessible to people without login, thus increasing our association’s reach and relevance. This is one way our association stays engaged with our people and the public.
Currently, our social media is integrated in a “chain” of forwarding and accumulating posts from one forum to the next:
- All our CSSR blog posts (news) get automatically posted to CSSR Google+ and CSSR Facebook.
- On our CSSR Google+ page, we share additional material that may be relevant to our followers on G+. We also post on two interactive “community” pages that we host, where members can also post material:
- All our official Google+ posts made by our Google+ assistants (including posts forwarded to G+ from our website blog) get automatically fed to our CSSR Twitter page.
- Our CSSR Twitter assistants add more material to our feed and keep it active and relevant to our Twitter followers
- Our CSSR Facebook assistants add material to the Facebook page. (Due to technical difficulty and settings, Facebook cannot easily accept an automatic feed from our Twitter page, but it does mirror our CSSR website posts.)
- Our CSSR Twitter feed is publicly accessible online and in a “widget” in the left-hand sidebar of our CSSR website.
Therefore, even if you are not a user of any of these social media outlets, you can view our Social Media activity on our website. Just scroll down on any CSSR website page and look in the left sidebar under the menu. There, you’ll see our public Twitter feed, which includes all the posts that have s accumulated on Google+ as well as Twitter.
If you use Facebook, Twitter, or Google+, we encourage you to join or follow us there!
CSSR-SCÉR Webmaster, and President 2015-2017