Our peer review of proposals is now complete. Here is a list of titles of presentation proposals accepted for the CSSR/SCÉR 2017 conference. Hopefully this interesting set of titles will entice others to attend our conference in Toronto, ON, May 30-June 1, 2017.
In alphabetical order:
• A neurocognitive ontology of rhetorical figures
• Apartheid Legal Screens and Nelson Mandela’s Luminescence
• Cautiously Optimistic: Imagining a Multicultural Canada in 1941
• Communication across lay/expert divides: A rhetorical decision-making framework
• From persuasion to presumption to standards and surveillance: Rhetorical mechanisms in the promotion of surgical checklists
• From Usability to UX: Visual Rhetoric, Comics, and Technical Communication
• Hidden in Plain Sight: Memory, Fake News and the Rhetoric of Ignorance
• How to Survive Food-pocalypse: The Politics of Food Resilience Narratives
• Hyperreal Gentrification in Istanbul
• Identification Strategies in China’s National-Image Discourse Construction
• Laughing Stocks: Prison, Surplus, Comic Relief
• Les usages de l’ekphrasis / The uses of ekphrasis
• “Liberals Lead:” The Rhetorical Influence of CBC’s Aggregate Polling Data on Voters in the 2015 Canadian National Election
• Occupy Wall Street, C.S. Peirce’s Theory of Rhetoric, and the Right to the Commons
• “On Earth as it is in Heaven”: Transitive Action in The Lord’s Prayer
• Pierre Elliott Trudeau’s Pirouette as Canadian Ideograph
• Publicly Anonymous: Ethical Rhetorical Analysis Online
• Reimagining the Political: Weaving Aesthetics & Sensation in Communication & Rhetoric Theory
• Resonance Chambers & Industrial Nightmares: Big Wind’s Rhetorical Afflictions
• Re-turning the Rhetorical Turn to Narrative Practice
• Rhetoric And/ Rhetoric of
• Rhetoric Meets Structuralism at the École Pratique des Hautes Études
• Rhétorique et divination : comment rendre le divin évident dans la Grèce classique ?
Rhetoric and divination: how to make the divine obvious in classical Greece?
• The Context of Melmoth’s 1749 English Translation of Tacitus’ Dialogue on Oratory
• The Meme is the Message: Subtervising through Self-Care Internet Memes
• The Transformative Power of Rhetoric: Speaking to Become the President or Prime Minister
• Une rhétorique critique et inclusive. L’enseignement des questions rhétoriques à des professionnels se formant en éthique appliquée
• Vico’s rhetorical angle: geometry, genealogy, and argumentative ingenuity
• Viral Vaccines: Proposed Policy and the Rhetoric of Redditors Response
The DRAFT programme will be in developement after Feb. 27, by which time I hope to have received replies from proposers indicating whether they are planning to attend.
Keynote speakers’ presentations may be added to the programme at a later date.