In advance of the 2015 CSSR conference and AGM to be held June 4th at 3:30 PM, we welcome nominations and self-nominations for 5 positions:
- Secretary – Treasurer (2015 – 2017 and subsequently, 2 years as VP, 2 years as Pres, 2 years as Past-Pres and journal editor) * See NOTE
- Executive Committee: member-at-large (2015-2016)
- Advisory Committee: new member 1 (2015-2017)
- Advisory Committee: new member 2 (2015-2017)
- Advisory Committee: new student member (2015-2016)
Nominators, please send your email nominations by June 1, to the President and Vice President (if you are nominating someone else, please include proof that the nominee agrees to serve). The Executive will then be able to present a slate of nominees at the AGM. Nominations will also be accepted from the floor during the AGM.
* NOTE: We’d like to inform nominees for Secretary-Treasurer that the Executive Committee has been discussing revisions to the CSSR Constitution that could affect the Secretary-Treasurer position. The current constitution outlines the “normal” 8-year succession of roles from Secretary-Treasurer to VP, to President, to Past-President. We will discuss the principles of proposed amendments at the 2015 AGM. The Secretary-Treasurer role may be restructured during their 2-year term of service, depending on the constitutional amendments voted on by members at next year’s 2016 AGM.
We would like to know whether nominees for Secretary-Treasurer would prefer, or be willing to serve, either as just a Secretary, or just a Treasurer, or in the a combined Secretary-Treasurer role as currently outlined in the CSSR constitution, and their thoughts on the current role structure and succession process between executive roles. Our bank requires that signing authorities on our account be Canadian citizens & residents, so if the elected officer cannot directly handle bank transactions, some Treasurer roles may need to be delegated.